Thursday, August 11, 2005

Strange Days


Having spent most of the day listening to the cricket, I came home with a punnet of strawberries in tow.
England are actually doing rather well against Australia (I've gone and jinxed it now) and I felt the need to fly the flag a little. See, it's a very odd thing when the English do well at sport, we aren't used to it. So not wanting to get too over enthusiastic and then see all my hopes for the remainder of the game (another 3/4 days to go yet) turn to ashes, (see what I did there) I didn't want to get too English about things. I soaked the strawberries in balsamic vinegar for an hour before chorfing them down. Just in case like.
Oh, and the weather was positively tropical today, strange days indeed.

5 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

So, go England! (And what's a punnet?)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but it is "go Australia."

Monkey Gland said...

A punnet is a , ah, er, .... you know I'm not sure if it refers to a measurement or the container you get soft fruit in. Probably the container, some sort of wicker thingy in olden days...

and it's very much "Go England!"

Unknown said...

I would normally have to side with Barbara on this one and barrack for the Aussies. But the strawberries and balsamic vinegar combo have my allegiance on this occasion.

Ruth Daniels said...

Being a Canadian, I'm afraid I know nothing about cricket except that you have neat bats and cool uniforms. That said, I love your food shots and will add yours to my list of links