Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Meat

hawksmoor_the_revenge

The scattered remains of two enormous sirloins, a Chateaubriand and a leg of lamb were strewn around the table. The dregs of an after dinner cocktail of chocolate and cherry infused bourbons sat in front of me. Nine ice cream sundaes of prodigious proportions had been devoured and their shiny and very empty glasses twinkled accusingly at me. Empty dishes of mac and cheese, tiny pots of the best ketchup in this city and the accompanying best chips in this city were being cleared away.

This was dinner with Dos Hermanos at The Hawksmoor on Commercial Street. Around the table were equally sated bloggers of various flavours, a wine journalist, restaurateurs, foodies and a lady who does a great many things with chocolate. Hawksmoor's proprietor, Nick, looked after us all impeccably and having had my name drawn out of a hat the stupendously generous hermanos paid for my meal. It really doesn't get much better than that.

4 comments:

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

I'm sitting here at work and your descriptions are just making me hungry. And all I have here is machines filled with crips and chocolate!

Freya said...

The food looks delicious! First visit to your blog - the photography is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

That leg of lamb...I'm still thinking about it. Great seeing you again!

Anonymous said...

you really know how to spoil one the appetite
greeting, bruno