Friday, April 13, 2007

Six Pack

geroge

A six pack? I think not. A sturdy barrel is a more fitting description of the state of my midrift, a William Shatner-esque barrel shape. I could have been an action hero in the ‘50s. One of the those sturdy looking blokes who played Superman or Dick Tracey on TV back in the days of black and white. Real shaped men, men who ate raw eggs and steak did a bit of work down at the track.

Ok, as per usual, I am kidding myself. With the arrival of Spring it’s time for one of those periodic bouts of battling the bulge; time to get serious in the gym, puff my way round the park, stop eating cake. See, I’m not one for keeping balance in my life. I’ll veer from eating super healthily and hitting the gym every day to sitting in my pants eating chocolate fingers and pondering what I’ll have for a “second breakfast”. I’m just rubbish at getting the balance right. If I’m hungry, I eat. If I’m bored, I eat. If I’m tired, I eat. It’s not that I have no self control, it’s that there are no half measures, and I can’t only eat half a chocolate éclair.

Writing a food blog and not eating seems slightly criminal some how. So remember people, I’m carrying this extra baggage for you! Don’t know how I’m going to get into my speedos come the summer though. I’ll leave you with that slightly horrific image whilst I go looking for the other half of that éclair.

1 comment:

Dagny said...

I'm not a fan of Speedos no matter what kind of shape the man is in. Enjoy the eclair! I think it's time for my second helping of bread pudding.